Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research, technical consulting, and other services for clients in business, industry and government. MRIGlobal is currently looking for an experienced Technician to work in our Medical Countermeasures Division, Biomedical Sciences Section.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to animal husbandry, performing technical activities as directed by the study protocol, assisting with ensuring that equipment and supplies necessary to conduct these studies are available, , and working in a team environment to conduct mammalian toxicology/safety studies. Specific tasks assigned typically depend upon the needs of the section and the training and experience of the individual.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and execute study protocols and SOPs. Selected applicants will be expected to work well in a team environment. Applicant is expected to be detail orientated, have the ability to follow standard laboratory operating procedures, health and safety guidelines, and work with minimal supervision to perform routine and non-routine tasks. Excellent oral and written communication skills are desirable. Applicant must be able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Applicant is expected to be well organized, analytical, and flexible to adjust to priorities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able and willing to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment while wearing a respirator
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to the waist and 25 lb to the shoulder level
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently
- Ability to work on your feet for most of the work shift
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment.
- Experience using PC and standard software programs (Excel, Word)
- Experience with animals
- Ability to perform basic laboratory benchtop skills (e.g. pipetting, performing serial dilutions, buffer preparation)
Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to classified information, and meet/maintain eligibility requirements for a Personnel Reliability Program.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, E-Verify employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
MRIGlobal - 17 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...