Primary duties will include but are not limited to: (1) Maintaining Automation systems for Electronic Flow Measurement, wellhead pressure measurement, and flow control devices. (2) Design, customize, troubleshoot, and install well control programs (primarily Fisher ROC FST PROGRAMS). (3) Maximizing wellhead gas production, maintaining production and gathering facilities, performing maintenance and repairs on wellhead production equipment, dehydration equipment, measurement equipment, pipeline equipment and right-of-ways, and all administrative functions associated with these duties.
Position will be filled at the level of experience of the candidate chosen. Skills and qualification:
(1) Associates Degree in Instrumentation and Control, Electronics or equivalent preferred
(2) Computer proficiency, which is required for interface with Electronic Flow Measurement and Wellhead flow control automation.
(3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
(4) Good driving record and ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted required.
(5) Must be available for some overtime during nights, weekends and holidays, and have the ability to work under limited supervision.
(6) Position requires extensive driving in off-road conditions.
(7) Previous experience with Electronic Flow Measurement and Wellhead gas production equipment preferred.
(8) Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees, contractors and landowners. (9) Monitor contractor safety, quality, competency and performance. (10) Work with area team to develop best practices.
(11) Knowledge of natural gas equipment including: pumps, engines, compressors, piping systems, measurement devices, and ladder logic programming.
(12) Good computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel would be desirable.
(13) Experience and knowledge of orifice meter calibration is desirable.
(14) The position will be filled at the level of the candidates' qualification.
(15) Two to four years relevant gas well production experience preferred.
(16) One to three years instrumentation or electronics experience preferred.
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...