About Waste Management
Are vehicles your passion? Do you love vehicle technology? Would you like to work for a Fortune 500 company that values you and your ability to diagnose and solve problems? Are you looking for a company that invests in the latest resources to help you do your best work? If your answers are yes, apply for our Technician role today. At Waste Management your career advancement is unlimited. You will work with the best in the industry! So join our team; come help us continue our growth as an industry leader in waste and environmental services.
Installation - Maint - Repair
Our Truck Technicians, working under limited supervision, perform preventative maintenance, run inspections, diagnostics tests, and repair a variety of vehicles and equipment.
Since we are in the waste industry, the trucks our Technicians work on can be dirty and have unpleasant odors. Our shops are busy and often times Technicians are expected to work on several different and demanding tasks that require substantial effort and commitment. Familiarity with a computer is necessary, as our Technicians complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software programs, documenting part usage and accounting for repair time.
Our Technicians may need to make road calls or perform test drives, so a valid driver's license and a clean driving record are necessary. Technicians may be expected to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of hire.
Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
In addition to these responsibilities, they are also required to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package - Health Care Benefits, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Vacation, Personal Days, Stock Purchase Plan, Incredible 401k plan, Tuition, Reimbursement and more! Please note that benefits may vary by site.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- 1 (one) year experience working on heavy trucks and diesel engines
- 1 (one) year experience working with diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to supply your own complete set of master mechanic hand tools and impact wrenches
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
Waste Management - 21 months ago
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a...