Technologies Vendor Specialist-13006411
The Vendor and Business Management team provides strategic management of the end to end technology vendor engagement to ensure high value services are being delivered to American Express. We manage from negotiation to vendor expense management: a continual cycle of engagement to ensure an effective relationship that delivers on our technology strategy and architecture.
As a member of the Vendor Engagement and Onboarding team, be responsible for the contractual review, negotiation, and approval of Request for Services (RFS) made by AET development teams or AXP business partners for services offered by our vendor partners. Successful candidate will become a subject matter expert on our vendor contracts and have responsibility for ensuring all new service orders submitted to our team are compliant with commercial terms, financial controls and procurement policies before approval.
Will be required to provide thought-leadership during vendor meetings to effectively navigate through and gain alignment on contractual and operational issues. Will also be required to partner with internal Technology Strategy & Operations teams and vendor representatives on a weekly basis to plan, track, and implement ongoing process improvements. May be required to participate in vendor onboarding and/or new sourcing activities.
Job: Amex Technologies
- A minimum of 3-5 years of financial analysis, procurement, and/or vendor management experience
- Project management and/or negotiation skills required preferred
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure services and components (Midrange, Mainframe, End User, Storage, and Network) is helpful
- Prefer experience working directly with third-party vendors or other vendor management groups, including contract negotiation experience
- Proven experience documenting processes, developing controls and/or performing audits is a plus
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities, including planning, management and execution of responsibilities
- Proven analytical skills (e.g., strategy, data analysis, managing service levels, etc.)
- Must be able to make sound decisions and resolve problems using experience and professional judgment
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to successfully communicate across different levels of management with confidence and professionalism
- Comfortable with constant change and occasional ambiguity and has the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Educational requirement: Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant field (or equivalent work experience)
Primary Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...