Operates computer tomography scanner to aid in the delivery of patient care.
PRODUCES QUALITY COMPUTERIZED SCANS TO SUPPORT PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES.
ASSISTS IN PROVIDING A CLEAN, WELL STOCKED AND SERVICEABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
- Practices accepted techniques of tomography, including selecting the appropriate technical factors on an individual basis, following all established procedural protocols and understanding human anatomy well enough to consistently obtain the correct scans.
- Ensures aggressive quality control measures are followed so that patients are positioned correctly for quality scanning and that all equipment is used properly and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures that all produced scans are labeled accurately and legibly and that any technical problems are noticed and immediately corrected.
- Consistently keeps appropriate documentation regarding each patient and scan in accordance with established procedures.
- Conducts exams in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with Scott & White procedures.
COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY WITH PATIENTS ABOUT THE CT PROCEDURE IN ORDER TO OBTAIN INFORMATION AND TO OFFER EDUCATION AND REASSURANCE TO THE PATIENT.
- Assists with the routine upkeep and cleanliness of the scanner room and equipment, and notifies housekeeping personnel of spills, contamination, etc. when necessary and in a timely manner.
- Replaces depleted supplies, including linens, contrast media, forms and tapes, as soon as possible.
MAINTAINS AWARENESS OF AND PRACTICES ESTABLISHED RADIATION SAFETY STANDARDS IN CARRYING OUT DUTIES.
- Clearly and effectively explains CT procedures to patient prior to beginning study.
- Routinely obtains and documents relevant patient information prior to beginning CT procedure.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Uses proper shielding, distance and time limitations without exception to protect self and others against ionizing radiation.
- Wears personal monitoring device on collar and outside of apron consistently and submits it promptly and regularly for assessment of occupational dosage.
- Reports any loss, damage, or unusual events associated with personal monitoring device immediately to the Radiation Safety Office.
- Respects and adheres to governmental regulations which control the use of ionizing radiation, and exhibits a cooperative attitude in doing so.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Takes personal responsibility to understand, complete and maintain the professional and technical licensures/certifications required of the position and furnishes Scott & White with the necessary documentation to substantiate compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Completion of an accredited or AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology required.
- One year Radiologic Tech experience required. Two to three CT Technologist years preferred.
Experience: 1+ Years
Degree: Grad of an Accredited Program
License/Certificate: ARRT-Computed Tomography ARRT-CT w/in 12 months of hire ARRT-Radiography ARRT-CT or ARRT-R w/2yr CT exp TX Medical Radiologic Tech
Scott & White - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard