Provides radiographic imaging to support patient care activities.
PRODUCES QUALITY RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGES TO SUPPORT PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES.
*Practices accepted and proper techniques of radiographic exposure, including selecting the appropriate technical factors on an individual basis and understanding human anatomy well enough to consistently obtain the correct images.
*Ensures aggressive quality control measures are followed so that patients are positioned correctly for quality imaging.
*Ensures that all produced films are labeled accurately and legibly.
* Completes all necessary paperwork and accurate tracking of procedure at the time of exam to ensure that exam is available and ready for radiologist interpretation.
*Conducts exams in a timely, accurate and professional manner and in accordance with Scott & White procedures.
*Explains the procedure clearly, thoroughly and in a professional and compassionate manner to the patient.
COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY WITH PATEINTS ABOUT THE PROCEDURE TO BE PERFORMED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN INFORMATION AND TO OFFER REASSURANCE.
*Routinely obtains and accurately documents relevant patient history before the procedure.
MAINTAINS AWARENESS OF AND PRACTICES ESTABLISHED RADIATION SAFETY STANDARDS IN CARRYING OUT DUTIES.
*Uses proper shielding, distance and time limitations without exception to protect self and others against ionizing radiation, applies appropriate shielding to all patients specific to the imaging study being performed. Documents pregnancy status of female patients of child bearing age and the shielding precautions taken in the performance of the imaging study.
*Wears personal monitoring device on collar and outside of apron consistently and submits it promptly and regularly for assessment of occupational dosage.
*Reports any loss, damage, or unusual events associated with personal monitoring device immediately to the Radiation Safety Office.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS.
*Explains radiographic techniques and procedures, and answers questions clearly when assisting in the training of students.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
* Graduate of a program in Radiologic Technology accredited by American Medical Association required.
* American Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT(R) and TX Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) as required by the state of Texas are required
* Respects and adheres to governmental and accrediting body regulations which control the use of ionizing radiation, and exhibits a cooperative attitude in doing so.
* Takes responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
* Associate Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
Degree: Grad of an Accredited Program
License/Certificate: ARRT-Radiography ARRT w/i 12 mth for new grad TX Medical Radiologic Tech
Department: ChlHos Radiology-Diagnostic
Standard Hours Per Week: PRN
Scott & White - 30+ days ago