- Reporting to the Head of Advanced Technology Architecture, R&D and operating as a key member of GLOBALFOUNDRIES R&D team, the candidate will have the responsibility to support analysis and definition of Competitive Application Specific Advanced Technology Architecture on 14nm and beyond.
Proven track record of Technology Architecture analysis focused on one of the following domains is required: CPU, GPU, Smart Mobile Computing, High End Game Consoles, Servers, Networking, Wireless/RF and Advanced Embedded Memory Sub-systems.
· Support analysis of Application specific Technology parameters
· Support trade-off analysis to contribute to the decision of a competitive Technology Definition
· Contribute to defining the component and breadth of Advanced technology offerings, by supporting analysis of Technology Architecture requirements
· Evaluate R&D inputs to support developing Technology Architecture for an Application-aware “Manufacturing Kit”
· Provide data analysis on the technology trends in the future generations
· Product Construction analysis for Advanced Technology Architecture
BS degree with 8 years of experience, MS degree with 7 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields
Demonstrated hands-on data analysis on impact of critical technology parameters to major Application requirement
Experience to translate Chip level competitiveness/requirements from specific Application Domain to technology parameters
Research experience of various types of Advanced Technologies in major Application domains
Strong communication skills and must have the ability to develop strong inter-personal relationships working with peers.
Experience in the area of Application optimized Technology Architecture, Semiconductor process technology development and manufacturing including device physics knowledge, process integration, wafer fabrication and device characterization.
Strong results-orientation based on his/her track record of delivering on breakthrough technology.
Demonstrated outstanding performance in a dynamic growth oriented organization that is well regarded for innovation and high quality of its technology as well as products.
Ability to inspire and integrate into a world-class technical team in multiple locations, driving for results through other people and taking on the right measures of ownership and accountability in a team environment.
Demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors and peers within the organization as well as the ability to build valuable relationships outside the organization with external partners. He/she will be accessible and approachable respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 7 months ago