The Technology Assistant is responsible for assisting with technology needs and assisting in support of clients at various Mastery Charter School campuses. The Technology Assistant is a member of the Mastery Charter Network Support Team and reports to a Technology Manager within the Technology department. The Mastery Charter Technology department’s goal is to provide consistent delivery of information and information systems to the network of Mastery schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in support of Internal User Help Desk/Technical: troubleshoot server and workstation problems and technical issues for 1000+ users. This includes Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003-2010, Office 2007-2010, and various web-based applications
- Assist with workstation administration and management set-up, configuration, and support of both the workstation hardware and software: includes operating system installation, configuration and upgrades, application installation and configuration, hardware upgrades and hardware/software troubleshooting
- Assist in support and set-up of Cisco VOIP phone systems: troubleshoot phone issues and work directly with our phone vendor for the deployment of phones
- Assist in support of new technology: well versed on current and trending hardware solutions for Tablets/ Smart Phones / Netbooks and delivery of content and applications
- User help desk and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with users effectively and display good interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and research solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with other technical personnel for collaborative problem solving
Education and Experience:
- Certifications (MCSE, MCP, and A+) a plus
- Currently enrolled in school or certification program preferred, but not required
- 1+ years practical technical support and network experience a plus
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying, pulling, pushing and kneeling; Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing.
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel when necessary.
Mastery Charter Schools - 4 months ago
Mastery Charter (MCH) is designed to set high standards and teach a broader skill set than traditional high schools (academics and critical...