The Technology Associate is responsible for overseeing technology and supporting clients at various Mastery Charter School campuses. The Technology Associate is a member of the Mastery Charter Network Support Team and reports to a Technology Manager within the Technology department. The Mastery Charter Technology department’s goal is to provide consistent delivery of information and information systems to the network of Mastery schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Internal User Help Desk/Technical: troubleshoot server and workstation problems and technical issues for 1000+ users. This includes Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003-2010, Office 2007-2010, and various web-based applications
- Assist with workstation administration and management set-up, configuration, and support of both the workstation hardware and software: includes operating system installation, configuration and upgrades, application installation and configuration, hardware upgrades and hardware/software troubleshooting
- Support and set-up of Cisco VOIP phone systems: troubleshoot phone issues and work directly with our phone vendor for the deployment of phones
- Support new technology: well versed on current and trending hardware solutions for Tablets/ Smart Phones / Netbooks and delivery of content and applications
Education and Experience:
- User help desk and troubleshooting experience a must
- Ability to communicate with users effectively and display good interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and research solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with other technical personnel for collaborative problem solving
- Certifications (MCSE, MCP, and A+) a plus
- Currently enrolled in school or certification program preferred, but not required
- 2+ years practical technical support and network experience a plus
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying, pulling, pushing and kneeling; Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing.
Mastery is a growing non-profit charter school network recognized nationally for our work in school turnarounds and dramatic student...