Benefitfocus is the leader in software and services for the healthcare benefits market. Through developing leading technology solutions, Benefitfocus allows consumers, employers and benefit providers to manage complex decisions in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Headquartered in Charleston, SC, Benefitfocus is a growing company solidly positioned in the 2 trillion dollar healthcare industry. Since its founding in 2000, Benefitfocus has experienced outstanding growth by delivering world-class customer service, providing the best technology available and operating a financially responsible organization The Technical Delivery Manager must have a strong background in managing the development of products and/or services for deployment in a distributed production environment. This person (TDM) must possess excellent technical and organizational skills, proven experience in project, people, and time management, and the ability to deal effectively with conflict resolution. The TDM manages a development team that delivers business applications for our Communication Platform and will be responsible for selecting highly-skilled staff, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation management, communication, and other aspects of managing a team. The TDM will help set the direction and participate in project planning, best practices, process improvement, coaching, and mentoring activities and interface with the client to maintain an understanding of the business and technological requirements.
* Works with leadership to determine business and resource requirements.
* Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives using information technology and industry knowledge. Develops and manages project plans and schedules.
* Manages business analysts and application developers to complete system functional specifications, technical design, application development, and application delivery.
* Partners with IT to communicate infrastructure requirements; Database Administrators and Engineers to communicate data model requirements; Quality Assurance and end customers for integration and acceptance testing; Technical Writers to develop applicable end user documentation, and Production Support for post-implementation support and monitoring.
* Responsible for product delivery, maintenance, and enhancement.
* BS or BA degree in Computer Information Systems or Business Administration
* 5+ years project management experience, PMP certified
* Experience developing multi-tenant applications
* Strong work ethic - someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive
* Excellent people skills - ability to recruit, motivate and lead a team
* Strong communications skills, both in writing and speaking
* Need to possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact with a highly technical staff
* Good understanding of the software business and its practices
* Good organizational and time management skills
* Experience with business applications supporting healthcare, health insurance, and/or benefits administration(preferred)
* Experience working with products in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment (preferred)
Benefitfocus has experienced outstanding growth by delivering the best technology available, providing world-class customer service, and operating a financially responsible company. Major insurance carriers have searched the market and selected Benefitfocus as their online benefit management application provider. Benefitfocus associates also enjoy the following benefits: Medical insurance 401k with company match Dental insurance Life insurance Vacation and paid holidays Short-term disability Flexible spending account (Section 125)
Overtime: none delivery manager, project manager, pmi, program manager
- 2 years ago - save job