Qtech*Americas - Compounding and Reinforcement Technology is responsible
for facilitating the release of new raw materials and compounds to all
North American Plants. The team further supports plants by providing
technical support relevant to processing issues by working with the
Materials/Design Development team to analyze and tune in-line materials,
compounds, designs to improve the manufacturing process in the plant
QTECH*Americas - NAT Team provides the necessary compounding and
technical service to support the NAT Plants.
The position of Technology Engineer uses compounding knowledge and
statistical analysis skills to support manufacturing plant engineers.
The position also requires the candidate be able to travel to plants and
help assist or lead problem solving activities relating to material
processing or waste issues. The position facilitates the collaboration
of GIC-A, plant and other Regional QTECH associates to problem solve.
The level of this position (E03-E06) is dependent upon the
qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- BS in a technical discipline. Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science preferred
- Ability to function as part of a team and work cooperatively toward team goals.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- IT/Computer skills, GBS R3, MASDA, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
- Ability to travel 30-60 % of the time to plants to assist with solving processing problems.
- Plant Processing Experience in Mixing or Component Prep area in a tire plant.
- Proficient in Spanish (will be working directly with Latin American plants on occasion).
- Minimum of two years working with Compound Materials Processing preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working with rubber materials processing preferred.
- Additional Plant Processing Experience in Curing, Extruding or Calendering in a tire plant preferred.
- Minimum six year's experience
- Breadth of technical knowledge
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 15 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...