Technology Hardware Program Manager |
HTC is looking for a Technology Program Manager (TPM) in the Studio Engineering External Technology Team. The TPM will evaluate and deliver new external technologies for use in future products.
The Technology Program Manager will:
- Identify and evaluate high-value new technologies in assigned strategic focus areas
- Partner with external suppliers to evaluate new technologies
- Work with functional area technologists in the Studio Engineering advanced concepts and technologies team on technical evaluation and proof of concept prototypes
- Estimate cost, value, schedule, and quality of the technical solutions
The successful candidate will:
- EE with chip set and systems integration experience
- Field applications engineering experience
- Have strong technical and analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge of engineering, technology development, prototyping, and product development processes for small form factor consumer devices.
- Have demonstrated project management skills – with emphasis on new technology development. The focus will be on high risk\high return approaches
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task – project managing multiple simultaneous small projects
- Be innovative in coming up with unusual solutions to new problems Demonstrated innovation in the form of innovative work experiences, start-ups, patents, etc.
- Demonstrate a passion for technology and the ability to effectively communicate both the technical solution as well as the advantage for the consumer experience
- Be self-driven, organized, creative, and be able to work in a high uncertainty environment under minimal supervision with tight and shifting deadlines.
- Have ability to provide financial analysis of the industry potential for various technology areas to help understand the competitive landscape
- Be experienced working in global organizations with competing resources and priorities
- Have the flexibility for travel (domestic and international) to customer, vendor, and other HTC facilities for technical support, oversight, and negotiation
- Will have strong leadership, organization, communications and presentations skills
Above all, candidates must be passionate about meeting the highest standards of quality and utility while developing new solutions using next generation technology. If you have what it takes, contact us now!
- A BS/MS in Engineering Electrical as well as a minimum of 8 years of experience.