Technology Infrastructure / Security Administrator
DATE: November 2012
REPORTS TO: Technology Infrastructure Manager
This position is Tier Two/Three technical support for museum technology and associated peripherals used for galleries and backend installations. This position is responsible for oversight of all networking, servers, and storage support and service. This individual will contribute to the direction for the Museum’s technology, and oversee projects, handle complex IT tasks independently and with experience and initiative, and translate end user ideas or requirements into technical solutions. The incumbent is responsible for hardware and software support of museum PCs and associated peripherals and for support of gallery, desktop and office software. Also will analyze information security systems and develop security measures to protect information against unauthorized modification or loss. This position provides exceptional customer services with visitors, staff, contractors and vendors.
Provide hardware and software support for client PCs/MAC, associated software and peripherals, including research, purchasing, installation, and troubleshooting.
2. In congress with the Finance department, plays a key role along in monitoring the Museum’s compliance with PCI requirements.
3. Also, this position will analyze information security systems and develop security measures to protect information against unauthorized modification or loss.
Works to support network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems, routers, adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access and consistently adhering to policies that govern these; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores, etc, at the direction of the CTO or Technology Infrastructure Manager.
Provide support via the phone and in person at the internal client location.
Install new PCs/MACs, associated peripherals and software for Windows and Macintosh computers. Assists with supply inventory, ordering and restocking as needed.
Perform regular and scheduled maintenance of devices (software, hardware). Manage, and maintain network security.
Assist with setups for other technology equipment as necessary.
Assist and support other technicians with issues that may arise.
Create and maintain relationships with outside industrial technology developers.
Implement, troubleshoot, perform maintenance on, and monitor new and existing Windows and Linux Servers.
Maintain network equipment/infrastructure (LAN, WAN, wireless, wired) and all associated services, relationships, contracts
Troubleshoot, perform maintenance on, and monitors Cisco-based network
Document network configuration and changes; update and maintain IT department’s knowledgebase for identified networking issues; maintain logs and inventory of network components
1. Bachelor's degree preferred in industrial technology, computer science, computer technology, or a related field. Equivalent experience and certifications.
2. Five years of system and network administration work experience. MCSE preferred.
3. Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include experience with Cisco routers & switches. Nortel, I3 VOIP knowledge and Cisco Certifications are preferred.
4. Five years experience with the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software is required. Several years experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory. Strong background in Exchange 2007/2010 messaging system.
5. Must have strong customer service skills. Must have the ability to display patience when dealing with diverse staff members with varying degrees of technical ability. Requires exemplary organizational skills.
6. Must have strong technical skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
7. Must have knowledge and experience regarding the configuration, assembly, and operation of computer, network, industrial and electrical technologies.
8. Must have excellent logic, analytical, problem resolution, and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
9. Manages and guides the maintenance of systems which protect data from unauthorized users.
10. Develops, vets and administers policies and procedures for preventing, identifying, reporting, and resolving security violations. Security Certification Preferred.
11. Demands high level of attention to detail and the ability to work with and meet strict deadlines.
12. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and some holidays.
13. Must be willing and able to work well individually and as a member of any assigned team.
1. Must be able to perform extensive work in indoor and outdoor environments, to read documents, drawings, data reports, research and to view computer monitor.
2. Must be able to communicate in planning and implementation situations; must have ability to express presentations of ideas. Team and group dialogue required for communication of plans and concepts.
3. Must be able to effectively communicate during complex situations involving coordinated group work, for telephone work, for group conversations for planning work.
4. Must lift objects and up to 30 pounds of weight. Agility and dexterity required for extensive navigation of the museum facility.
5. Required ability to visit and work at the museum and other key locations. Required ability to travel, via conventional transportation, to cities and locations outside of Indiana.
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis - 21 months ago