POSITION : Technology Manager
DEPARTMENT : Operations
REPORTS TO : Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS : Salaried, Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Technology Manager at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Technology Manager reports to the Director of Operations, under general supervision, and
oversees the operations of Information Technology, Telecommunications, Audio Visual and Broadcast Services. This position also manages the day to day department operations, event technical production, budgeting and maintenance of various technical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervise full-time, part-time, contractual technicians, stagehands, computing and telephony staff. Properly schedule staff to cover facility operating hours in an efficient and effective manner. Assign specific work tasks and monitor progress as to timeliness and quality of results.
• Develop training programs that insure that all staff members are proficient in operating and maintaining computer and phone systems.
• Develop training programs that insure that all department members are proficient in operating and maintaining lighting, sound, audio-visual, computer and telephony equipment.
• Maintain department employee records; and provide group and individual counseling related to department goals and objectives, planning sessions, project updates, department performance reviews, individual performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
• Attend Operation staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments. Provide meaningful and beneficial input into the facility master-scheduling procedure.
• Develop, implement, document and maintain effective facility maintenance policies, procedures and programs. To include P.M. on all lighting, sound, computer, wireless, structured cable, scoreboard and audio-visual equipment.
• Oversee and provide cause for proper control and care of lighting, sound, computer, wireless, structured cable, scoreboard and audio-visual equipment and manage inventories of supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
• Oversee and provide cause for proper control and care of all life safety materials that are used in stage rigging.
• Prepare and provide to the management team specific reports and documents. To include, but not limited to, work schedules, payroll documents (time card tabulations and approvals), subordinates performance appraisals, purchase request orders, department operating budget, capital improvement budget projects, special project reports, updates and/or recommendations, and event reports.
• Oversee related contracted maintenance agreements. Assist in developing bid specifications, renewal agreements, and manage all other related items to insure that acceptable and quality performance levels are achieved.
• Work with Event Management Staff to facilitate lighting, sound, computer, telephone and audio-visual needs of the clients.
Position requires ability to:
• Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility, in particular the methods, techniques and procedures to repair and maintain all computer and phone related materials.
• Understand and be capable of insuring that all laws, building codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management and emergency procedures are followed.
• Possess an understanding of facility’s electrical, mechanical and other systems.
• Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operations of the equipment found in the facility.
• Be familiar with the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
• Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Follow and adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other standard office equipment.
• Meet physical demands of job, which entail climbing, lifting and carrying.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and six years related experience and/or training or equivalent professional work experience.
• Minimum of four (4) years of full-time work related experience in the public assembly industry (stadiums, arenas, and/or or convention centers).
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
226 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 2 years ago