Under general direction of the Director of Technology Services, manages the information operation systems and support services for the cities communication and network computer system. Plans, organizes and manages systems and applications to meet the cities information processing and communication needs, utilizing resources assigned or budgeted. Exercises supervision directly or through supervisors over operational staff.
· Manages and participates in all projects concerned with development
or new information processing installations. · Manages the daily computer center operations, telecommunications and operational support services and staff.
· Manages the technical support on-call staff and maintain the documentation for on-call support services.
· Develops, maintains and ensures the use of standard procedures and practices of technology services and common control techniques.
· As assigned, coordinates with customer departments in determining their future information service needs. Develops and implements programs to meet these needs.
· Consults with Information Technology Services Director in developing and maintaining a timely and effective support services group. Analyzes the impact on operation of current and future information services programs.
· Prepares and monitors annual budget for area of responsibility.
· Coordinates the training of Operation Technical staff.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education Bachelor's Degree. Additional experience may substitute for education.
5 years of direct work experience in technology and two years of supervisory responsibilities.
Experience with municipal software applications, specifically related to finance and public safety preferred.
Minimum of two years work experience with virtual technology
Minimum of two years work experience with enterprise server
Minimum of two years work experience with enterprise storage
Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and products.
Knowledge of networking concepts, terminology, and architecture.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of data processing, system design and development, and management information systems.
· Knowledge of methods, material, and techniques employed in computer systems planning, design, and implementation.
· Knowledge of computer hardware component capabilities, and Local Area Networks.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to analyze complex systems and apply technical knowledge.
· Ability to provide leadership, assign responsibility, and follow through on jobs to completion.
· Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
· Skill in directing, controlling and planning operations involving the activities of others or processes with which others are involved.
· Skill in system programming, as well as applying and maintaining system software.
· Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
· Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.