The Technology Category Procurement Specialist will execute category plans. The Category Specialists will work with the Lead Category Specialists to support complex and lead less complex procurement and supplier management activities.
- Working closely with the Category Managers to identify, plan and lead procurement and supplier management activities associated to new and existing Agreements.
- Helping to manage key stakeholders throughout the demand management process and associated category / procurement plans.
- Understanding new and existing Agreements and helping to identify and communicate how Wolseley’s Group Companies can better leverage new and existing Agreements.
- Work closely with the IT Supplier Management to support the vendor engagement and Contract Management process.
- Strategize, plan, and execute the commercial aspects of that process which includes RFX process, vendor negotiations, and contracting.
- Participate with the business area and Supplier Management in overall vendor strategy.
- Based on business requirements, develop scope, construct, issue, and coordinate Requests for Information/Quotation/Proposal.
- Evaluate and manage RFX vendor responses providing analysis and recommendations to the business area.
- Conduct bidders’ conferences, vendor site visits, and reference checks.
- Coordinate with Legal, Insurance, and Risk departments in contract development.
- Award and administer contracts, issue purchase orders, SOW’s and amendments.
- Effectively communicating the objectives and outcomes, savings, improved service levels, contractual opportunities stakeholders.
- Work closely with the finance teams to identify and track spend, including supporting the budgeting process.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key Wolseley and supplier stakeholders in Europe and North America (as appropriate) and must be confident in communicating to Senior Managers, Managers and other employees within Wolseley Group.
- Facilitate the development and issuing of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and RFP scoring.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the selection and negotiation process.
- Facilitate the internal communications process with Wolseley’s Group Companies, effectively describing how the relevant internal stakeholders can leverage the Agreements.
- Align and balance category and stakeholder management activities across the local, regional and global management and delivery teams.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Applicable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of contracting/sourcing experience; preferably in the technology sector.
- Demonstrable ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the working practices of suppliers and service providers, preferably in the technology sector.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all audience levels including ability to effectively conduct complex project/program meetings and influence others.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change while working in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Efficiently resolves issues with suppliers in a constructive and mutually beneficial way.
- Confident communicator that is able to succinctly describe relevant aspects of the commercial negotiations.
- A self-starter, this individual will be able to independently lead the resolution of problems and issues.
- The individual will have an awareness to escalate more complex issues, when it is appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Able to pro-actively and confidently engage with internal stakeholders to identify, facilitate and when appropriate, lead opportunities that deliver savings Wolseley Group Companies.
- Translate learning into the implementation of process improvements for core procurement and supplier management processes.
- Able to make logical decisions on policies and contracts within their approval limits.
- Awareness of the preferred outcomes of commercial and contractual negotiations and an ability to explain concessions gained and/or provided from / to the supplier.
- Able to articulate Agreements to colleagues and management teams in a way that allows them to make informed decisions on Agreements they have not been involved with on a day-to-day basis.
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. - 13 months ago
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade publications...