Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Project Manager to join our team . Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Tracks and manages multiple projects through all phases of the SDLC. Manages small technology project teams in the delivery, schedule, communication, documentation, risk management, and issue management, ensuring customers’ needs (both internal and external) are met. Uses existing methods and tools to maintain project state accurately, and communicates that state to the team, stakeholders, executives and managers. Alerts management to impending risks and issues in a timely manner, and solicits solutions from teams and leaders as appropriate. Facilitates meetings, planning sessions, estimation sessions, technical discussions, design meetings, team status meetings, phase transition meetings, and others as appropriate.
No direct reports
· Jr. Project Managers and Project Team members
Other Key Relationships:
· Business and other key cross-functional stakeholders
· Executive and middle management across the organization
· Business Analysts, Requirements Analysts and Architects
· Vendors and Contractors
· Technology Operations Staff including Hasbro IT
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
· Leads the project team, setting project management standards and project management guidance – 20%
· Effectively applies solution delivery methodology and enforces project standards – 5%
· Establishes key project deliverables for assigned projects and governs the results – 5%
· Leads project team to identify risks and establish mitigation plans on a regular basis – 15%
· Communicates project change management standards and enforces compliance – 5%
· Works with business and information systems leaders to explain the impact and scope of events – 5%
· Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements – 15%
· Ensures the proper planning and resource prioritization needed is secured to maximize the effectiveness of delivery quality, and ensures on time/on budget project delivery – 10%
· Supports the operations of the Project Management Office (PMO) including assisting in the planning, scheduling and coordination of projects and proposal and development of frameworks, taxonomy processes and controls – 5%
· Serves as an overall subject matter expert in the Project Management knowledge areas – 5%
· Develops and maintains work plan, monitors plan resource loading and ensures team status reporting is maintained and updated – 5%
· Facilitates identification of risks and mitigation plans on a defined, regular basis – 5%
· As Assigned
· PMP, CCM, ISO, ITIL, RUP, EUP, Agile exposure or certifications
· Work with Product Management and the Senior Game Designer to ensure all pre-production work is complete so that production teams are equipped to achieve goals of the game
· Play a lead role in shaping production pipeline and processes for product development of new technologies
· Create and maintain multiple interdependent production schedules to deliver on time
· Proven development of solid negotiation / mitigation preferred
· Create and maintain budgets for assigned projects
· Manage asset sourcing and flow to and from various internal teams and outside vendors/contractors and internal development team
· Track and report key performance indicators and measurements of success for assigned projects
· Collaborate with the usability team to balance test result findings with scheduling needs
· Proactively communicate status updates with multiple departments, both internal and external
· Prioritize bugs during the QA phase
Education and Training:
· BA or BS preferred. MBA or Masters in Technology Project Management related field is ideal
· 2-8 years progressive experience in a management environment
· 2 years experience as a project coordinator/project manager
Prior Related Experience:
· International experience
· Experience aligning retail and digital marketing & analog and digital play experiences
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Physical Requirements: Office environment
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 8 months ago
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...