BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The purpose of this position is to achieve strategic business needs through process safety, capital project support, process and product optimization and automation. This position is responsible for driving continuous technology innovation.
1. Coordinating, completion and documentation of PHAs, PSSRs, MOCs in coordination with global technology groups and global safety.
2. Serve as the manufacturing representative for capital projects.
a. Providing design input through project scope, justification and timing for capital projects. Also includes detailed design, construction, commissioning and startup.
3. Drive continuous process safety improvements.
a. Leads continuous technology innovation through identification, evaluation, development, prioritization, and implementation of plant improvement ideas in EBIT improvement through increased production or reduced costs (fixed and variable.)
4. Provide support for alarm management, PIMS and troubleshooting for DCS/SIS systems. This includes recommending control and interlock strategy development/implementation.
5. Convey technology specific information through second tier plant troubleshooting and technical training.
Specific Dispersions Plant Start-up Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Development and implementation of DCS/SIS systems, including batch control and recipe automation.
- Development of the new plant training package. Training team will require training at other BASF Dispersions facilities.
- Member of the Commissioning and Start-up teams.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry and minimum 5+ year of operations experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of Process Engineering concepts and their applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other applicable code and regulations and standards.
- Practical experience in plant troubleshooting.
- Practical experience in process control, field equipment and DCS/PLC Control Systems.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead teams.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Freeport
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCF-Freeport Site
Headquartered in Florham Park, NJ, BASF in North America is among the largest producers and marketers of chemicals and related products in...