"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, monitors, supports and troubleshoots various components of the IT infrastructure including but not limited to: network, batch job processing on mainframe or similar mid-range device, server, and end-user workstation equipment through direct phone contact and emails with all areas of the company. Ensures availability of the IT environment for both internal and external clients, and resolves day-to-day incidents and routine service requests reported by end users. Answers client calls and actively collaborates with all support tiers and technical areas for resolution of system incidents, routine service requests and/or system security issues.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
If this position is to work on the evening, overnight or weekend shifts, prior batch job processing managed by scheduling applications and/or mainframe experience is required
- Consistently provides top quality customer service to every client.
- Applies documented department procedures to identify, notify, log, isolate, track, and resolve related network/server and basic batch job processing issues.
- Resolves basic questions/incidents and troubleshoots user connection issues to our domain and operations of user desktop hardware availability issues during live phone conversations or through ticket system requests.
- Utilizes PC/Laptop lab equipment to simulate user issues and analyzes them to come up with solutions through independent thought and reasoning.
- Utilizes remote assist type applications to provide remote troubleshooting to end-user technology devices.
- Escalates incidents that cannot be solved at Tier 1 to the appropriate technical groups with adequate documentation.
- Sustains satisfactory quality assurance measurements as determined by the department Manager.
- Contributes documentation to knowledge base.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Communicating completely and accurately with internal clients the exact nature of the problem or incident so that proper assistance is given.
- Constantly monitoring of the Service Management application and phone queues to ensure client needs are being met.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently to ensure every customer interaction is thoroughly documented.
- Efficient resolution/escalation of batch job abends (failures).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Pleasant, clear and confident telephone voice.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute and apply concepts of rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Other (please specify)
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in routine, standard situations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Years of Experience:
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating System and related standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of, and familiarity with the typical business applications, hardware and peripheral equipment employed by the organization’s end users.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory.
- Maintain a positive attitude and desire to assist clients through all incidents regardless of the scale of the incident or parties involved.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field, with 2-5 years of experience in an end-user capacity; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Prefer: A+, Network +, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
The employee normally sits while performing duties. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reaches with hands or arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently exercises the ability to speak and hear in helping clients. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions.
BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City - 23 months ago