- Works with faculty/staff/students, over the phone and in the field, on problem recognition, isolation, and resolution; includes guiding users to communicate critical information in a meaningful way, responding to user anxiety with calmness, sensitivity and respect, remaining focused on resolving user needs first, solving computer problems second.
- Troubleshoots desktop hardware, software, mobile device and printer problems to resolution, recommending upgrade, repair or replacement as appropriate, or escalating to other IT or University staff as necessary.
- Responsible for wired and wireless network client configuration and troubleshooting. TCP/IP LAN configuration on devices, maintenance of on-site and satellite lab areas, and misc. networked peripheral equipment including audio visual systems.
- Performs routine computer upgrades (hardware and software) and installation of memory, hard drives, and peripherals in the field, as required.
- Coordinates off-site repairs of warranty and non-warranty repairs.
- Provides consultation to members of Lesley community, evaluating articulated needs and recommending software and/or hardware solutions in recognition of best-practices and University-wide technology systems, resources and policies.
- Assists and instructs users in data backup and file transfers, virus updates and drive scanning, and basic software usage and file management practices.
- Logs problem calls and documents troubleshooting steps and problem resolution details in IT’s call tracking system; contributes knowledgebase articles as appropriate.
- Provide training to faculty, students, and staff on technical topics as they relate to the services rendered.
- Provides backup phone support for call center representatives by covering phone shifts and assisting on special projects as directed by the Technology Support Services Manager.
- Provides on-site dedicated support to remote parts of campus as part of a distributed support model.
- Assist in the training and supervision of student technical staff.
- Provide excellent customer service by conducting all interactions with colleagues, end-users and vendors courteously and respectfully.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- A+ Certification or Apple Certification
- Two years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac systems at the OS level and in a networked environment. Must have experience with Mac OS X and Windows, preferably in a Windows Exchange environment.
- Outstanding customer service orientation and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to end-users at a wide range of technological skill levels.
- Expert-level knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, browser functionalities, mobile computing OS support (iOS, Android, Windows Phones). Experience with Blackboard very helpful.
- Superior troubleshooting skills, initiative and follow-through skills required.
- The ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, service-oriented office is essential.
- Basic knowledge of desktop printer and mid-level networked laser printer functions/troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience in instructional media and educational technologies, and experience supporting users in an academic environment, preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Salary Grade 24: $42,478.70 - $58,618.07
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 4 months ago