Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides Tier 1 I&O IT support for Sallie Mae employees. Consults and advises Sallie Mae employees in the proper use of technology. Ensure accurate and timely response and resolution of all activities related to service delivery provided by the service desk for the enterprise. Assist other cross-functional IT staff in scheduled projects, after hour's maintenance and testing.
1. Software & Hardware Support, Configuration, Installation
a. Manages Service Desk tickets received from users seeking assistance to include but not limited to: computers, laptops, thin clients, printers, and computer peripheral devices.
b. Utilize Microsoft SCCM for software delivery, imaging, remote access and creating reports.
c. Assists in identifying trends by tracking events and patterns of recurring problems to identify root cause and mitigate future issues surrounding the same structural problems.
d. Support end-users across multiple sites.
e. Provides tier 1 local telecom and call recording support -- Add/remove extensions, basic phone troubleshooting, and hardware replacement.
f. Coordinate and test applications with PCLM team for enterprise-level software/updates.
g. Extend hardware life-cycles by routine maintenance such as defragmentation, virus-removal, and part replacement in effort to reduce capital expenditure.
h. Provides tier 1 local Citrix support -- includes ticket resolution. Escalation and partnership with tier 2 as required.
i. Escalate issues to appropriate individuals or teams within the Information Technology department for resolution when appropriate in a timely fashion.
2. Customer Service/Support
a. Respond to user requests and incidents in a timely effective manner according to SLA's set by management.
b. Provides end user computing support in accordance with Service Desk Procedures.
c. Be well organized and creates dialogue with users to ensure users understand the progress of ticket resolution.
d. Performs customer follow-up on all resolved issues to ensure expected results were achieved prior to closing tickets.
e. Courteous professional approach and attitude is required to work with all levels of management and personnel.
f. Exhibit concern and active listening with customers to ensure they are being heard and take action accordingly.
g. Maintains accurate PC & laptop inventory and produce reports upon request.
h. Maintains and tracks accurate printer inventory, printer, thin client, fax machine and multifunction devices as required.
i. Utilize asset management tools to identify changes in hardware and software configurations.
3. Policy/Procedures/Process Management
a. Contributes resolutions and best practices to assist with the development and maintenance of the Client Services Sharepoint site.
b. Follows established security policies and procedures to ensure data security such as ICE and FISMA controls
c. Supports and facilitates compliance with corporate policies regarding end-use computing.
4. Additional Activities
a. Participate in regularly scheduled off-hours maintenances and projects which includes but not limited
to the following activities:
b. Rollout of SLM hardware standards
c. Storage room inventory or clean-up involving equipment in excess of 25 pounds
d. Conduct software testing and rollouts utilizing testing environments to aid in training and troubleshooting prior to production rollout.
e. Provide off-hours/weekend testing coverage at the request of Sallie Mae IT such as the storage, network, telecom, InfoSec teams.
f. Serve as a point of contact and assist different groups in hands on work, including but not limited to: Network, project, telecom, server, and security teams
a. Learns and maintains adequate technical skill to maximize first call resolution.
b. Maintain hardware certifications as required ie. Dell, HP.
c. Utilize company offered training sessions and/or CBT training.
Other Job Functions
1. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Manages personal workload with some supervision based on rapidly changing priorities. Solicits advice and guidance when assistance with prioritization is needed
2. The specialist is accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of the resolution and response to the customer.
3. The specialist has the latitude to re-prioritize and escalate tickets as appropriate. They must have a clear understanding when to escalate issues to other IT functional areas based on business impact.
* 3 - 5 years in a helpdesk call center environment and experience in the following.
* 2 or more years experience with:
o Microsoft Windows XP Professional
o Microsoft Office 2007 including Microsoft Outlook
o PC hardware and peripheral troubleshooting or fault identification.
* 1 or more years experience with:
o Microsoft Windows 7
o Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Outlook 2010
o Voice and data communication cabling and equipment.
o Remote Desktop Client and Remote Assistance technologies
o Software application support.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
* Ability to adapt, embrace and support change in the infrastructure and culture.
* Ability to apply appropriate technical/functional knowledge to work.
* 1 or more years' experience with Microsoft SCCM
* 1 or more years' experience with Lync Voice
* 1 or more years network, telecom, windows server, storage, Citrix or Unix experience.
* Must be a productive team member willing to share knowledge to further enhance the skill set and knowledge of the team to benefit customers, team members and the organization.
* Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Sallie Mae - 14 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...