Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Performs advanced engineering and lead work in the design, provisioning, implementation and coordination of telecommunications systems, networks and services; oversees construction relating to fiber cable placement, conducts network management of services and overall integration of equipment and services.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides expert technical direction in the creation, maintenance, delivery, and integration of multiple, complex telecommunication system solutions; may work on projects at least 50% of the time involving risk, limited or broad in scope, mostly of longer duration; acts as a project team member or lead
- Troubleshoots complex issues/problems specific to telecommunications and networking components; documents solutions and builds checklists for team use; provides on-the-spot training to clients and practices proactive knowledge-sharing
- Serves as a subject matter expert by leading the development of telecommunication solutions and improvements; leads project planning and requirements efforts; works independently and with considerable latitude in defining and pursuing special telecom engineering projects
- Provides basic-to-complex support on a broad range of infrastructure products, including network components; manages problems appropriately by maintaining ownership of trouble tickets to ensure resolution
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends the installation of telecommunications/network maintenance hardware and software upgrades
- Provides assistance to other technical support team members regarding telecommunications/network-related problems or issues; provides direction or advice, mentors and trains less-experienced personnel
- Responsible for the deployment of new software and hardware, upgrades, and more complex fixes
- Monitors service level agreements to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded; ensures that clients follow appropriate service procedures
- Builds business relationships, shares knowledge with customers, and interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Works with multiple vendor technical support personnel coordinating solutions between clients and product manufacturers
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems and six years of technical communications engineering work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with TMN (Telecommunications Management Network) standard elements and architectures
- Cisco Qualified Specialist Certification with a focus on IP Telephony (preferred) or comparable certification
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Aflac - 2 years ago
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...