tw telecom is hiring for a Field Network Technician for our Milwaukee market.
Targeting candidates who are well rounded with both Sonet and Ethernet experience.
As a Network Technician for tw telecom, you’d be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair in the city’s network. The work is exciting and challenging including the opportunity to work on communications network transmission systems, including digital cross connects, digital loop carriers, Ethernet, SONET equipment, digital switching and ancillary support systems.
Great City. Great Team. Great Technology.
The business atmosphere in this market is great! Let’s face it, it’s tough out there! But at tw telecom , the employees feel a sense of job security and stability. This is an opportunity to work in a growing company with a local team that is second to none. You will leave every day with a sense of accomplishment and looking forward to coming into work the next day!
Every day brings a unique set of challenges and new learning opportunities. This team works closely together with many different perspectives and skillsets which allows for and promotes personal and professional growth.
Telecom technology is always changing and our Technicians feel privileged to be on the cutting edge of it! It’s an ever-changing work environment which allows employees to stay challenged and current on new technology.
The Keys to Your Success.
- Proficiently perform installation and Repair and preventative maintenance of Ethernet, SONET Circuits.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to work under heavy pressure driven by customers’ demands.
- Have the highest quality Installations
- Learn all products, install types, testing requirements, test equipment.
- Perform installations and maintenance with minimal instruction.
- Become familiar with the test equipment and National Operations Center support team and also have a good understanding of who to contact to get to our equipment at customers sites.
- Learn tw telecom’s local and National Operations Center hierarchy.
- You must be a quick study, work independently, resolve problems, set priorities and proficiently interface with others.
- Have a proactive attitude and conduct yourself with professionalism
- Drive a customer experience that’s second to none!
What We're Looking For.
- 2 years field installation experience
- 1 year experience with Ethernet circuits highly preferred
- 1 year experience with Fiber Optic Networks highly preferred
- Experience installing, testing, troubleshooting SONET, TDM, and T1 switched voice services highly preferred
- Experience with Ethernet Switching Technology
- Experience troubleshooting Fiber Optic networks.
- Experience with Cisco/Ethernet Equipment, Lucent DWDM Systems, and AdTran
- A Valid Driver’s license including a clean driving record
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...