Periodic night and weekend work is a requirement of the position. There is also a requirement for on-call support, which rotates among the staff on a weekly basis.
Participates in the design, engineering, development, testing and implementation, operation and maintenance of Windows & Unix servers and related technologies. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and development of intermediate solutions. Familiarity with messaging, clustering, server consolidation, VM (virtualization), SAN, DR, backup, and blade technology. Successful candidates must contribute to strategies, not just implement them.
Essential Job Functions
1. Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
2. Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows. Ensures the compliance with documented strategies. Contributes to technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
3. Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
4. Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
5. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of solutions.
6. Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
7. Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
8. Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in required
- Required license(s) or certification(s)
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Greater than five years of directly related experience.
- Technical expertise in the design, implementation and operation of multi-vendor and multi-protocol environments found in a leading edge data center.
- Intermediate analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level skills in many of the following:
- Windows OS and hardware
- Unix OS and hardware
- Enterprise class storage and backup systems
- Enterprise class messaging systems
- Clustering and High Availability
- Data center operations
- Thin client technologies
- Experience with Cisco UCM and / or Cisco UCCE is highly desired.
- The position involves installation, testing, and maintenance of various telecommunications systems and related equipment.
1. Basic understanding of networking concepts
2. Hands-on experience with VoIP technology
3. Ability to install and maintain cabling infrastructure
4. Sound analytical and troubleshooting skills
5. PC proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office
Bank of the West - 12 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...