Job Code: INS09121009
- Provides technical direction and analysis for telecommunication activities, including planning, designing, integrating, installing and maintaining large-scale telecommunications/ communications networks and services with computer systems.
- Includes satellite, microwave, broadband, fiber optic, wireless, voice, video and digital telecommunication systems.
- Integrates communications with computer systems to provide complete systems solutions.
- Applies telecommunications/communications engineering principles and theory to propose design and configuration alternatives.
- Evaluates existing communications systems to identify deficiencies and network performance issues.
- Consults with users, managers, and senior staff to ensure that deficiencies and alternatives have been fully identified and that the solution will meet requirements.
- Analyzes network performance, usage and traffic flows, accesses and interfaces, transmission techniques, and protocols to interface with computer systems.
- Prepares studies and give presentations concerning data communications concepts integrated with computer systems and applications for total systems solutions.
- Provides integrated with computer systems and applications for total systems solutions.
- Provides technical guidance to computer systems analysts and telecommunications/communications specialists.
o A Masters Degree (in subjects described above) and five years relevant experience.
- This position requires a minimum of seven years of progressive and intensive experience in telecommunications/communications and computer integration with three years of experience involving duties similar to those described in the task order requirement, or five years of specialized experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined in the task order requirement.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in administering large, complex networks, and/or in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline or an applicable certificate of training from an accredited training institution.
- Education and experience requirements may be substituted with:
o No degree and eleven years of directly relevant experience.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris Corporation - 2 years ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...