LCRA is seeking a Telecom Technician II with intermediate level experience in two-way radio communications including microwave radio, SONET, multiplexing, and MPLS. Experience in two-way radio with network routing and switching technology, P25, or trunking preferred. Position will be located at the Western Maintenance Facility in Marble Falls, Texas.
At an intermediate level, performs duties in the field and shop for the installation, maintenance and repair of communications equipment. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Installs, performs functional and calibration tests and performs routine and emergency maintenance of equipment within assigned areas. Coordinates installation and maintenance of field equipment with others.
- Interprets schematics, drawings and technical manuals necessary to install, repair and align equipment to specifications.
- Assists senior level technicians in the operation, evaluation and maintenance of equipment and systems within assigned areas.
- Advises on equipment requirements within assigned areas. Develops cost estimates for new equipment.
- Keeps supervisor informed of maintenance problems.
- Develops and updates preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains spare parts in good working order.
- Maintains logs, files and reports to document the date, location and nature of work performed. Updates equipment documentation, technical manuals, schematics, maintenance records and test reports. Completes and turns in day-to-day documentation such as time tickets, mileage sheets and equipment trouble tickets.
- Interfaces with vendors in accordance with approved Supply Management processes and procedures. May perform field service coordination with various external organizations.
- Keeps files and records related to equipment inventories and assists in placing orders to replenish necessary supplies and tools in accordance with approved Supply Management processes and procedures.
- Knows and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains safety and environmental compliance in the performance of all assigned duties. Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Maintain a clean work area; office, shop, field sites and vehicle.
- Technicians in the tower crew climb towers up to 600 feet to install and maintain equipment.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations as scheduled.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Two or more years of experience in electronics and/or telecommunications maintenance. A degree(s) in electronics technology, telecommunications technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
Specific Posting Information:
- Degree(s) in electronics technology, telecommunications technology or relevant field
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) Certification
Lower Colorado River Authority - 24 months ago