The primary function of this position is to perform system design and provide daily administration of the company voice and data communication infrastructure and provide customer service and related training to ASH staff.
· Performs phone system adds, moves, and changes and performs weekly system maintenance and backups.
· Designs, creates, tests and implements ACD call flows for project and administrative applications.
· Provides support for call flow applications and actively participate in call flow optimization based on department and project demands.
· Maintains voicemail system.
· Performs minor voice and data cabling repairs and tests cable and fiber equipment; and coordinates and oversees voice and data cabling installations.
· Maintains cross connect wiring for PBX and Telco connections.
· Maintains back-end telecommunication services including voice and data T-1’s, fax server channel banks, ISDN lines, MPLS circuits, Computer Telephony Integration, etc.
· Orders, installs and maintains headsets.
· Maintains call accounting, teleconferencing, contact center suite, net server, and IVR systems.
· Installs and configures client software on users PC’s for teleconferencing, net phone, contact center suite, and voice mail systems.
· Maintains overhead paging, background music, and music on hold systems.
· Maintains Auto Attendants and Attendant Operator Console Software.
· Maintains knowledge of latest computer telephony-related software and hardware.
· Meets with department staff to develop, review and refine telecommunication applications.
· Performs end user training and troubleshooting.
· Travels to maintain remote office telecommunication systems as needed.
· Provides on call service 24 hours a day.
· Maintains database of voice and data communication services and reviews daily phone reports.
· Maintains equipment inventory.
· Updates ticket tracking software.
· Interacts with vendors.
· Maintains satellite TV system.
· Installs and maintains company wide standalone fax machines.
· Administers and supports wireless data devices.
· Issues and maintains cell phones, PDAs and related software, wireless air cards, pagers, two-way radios, and accessories.
· Maintains accurate floor plans by using AutoSketch (CAD related software).
· Attends team, departmental, and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 8 years experience in telecommunications industry, with at least 5 years of hands on programming experience with PBX telephone systems and related peripheral equipment.
· Proficiency in MS Office, with intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel.
· Valid California driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment; with effective written communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Ability to work independently while effectively organizing, prioritizing, multi-tasking and managing time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
ASH Companies - 23 months ago