RDK Engineers is hiring a Telecommunications Designer for our busy Boston office.
As a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century, RDK Engineers (RDK) prides itself on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
We are a great firm with great people offering great projects. Come join us!
What are the job responsibilities?
The basic function of the Telecommunications Designer is to support the development of plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates on a number of concurrent projects.
- Assist with the design and layout of engineering drawings to meet design contract agreements.
- Take conceptual rough plan mark-ups and create final design documents.
- Perform calculations and utilize various Microsoft and third party software packages related to the design.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Perform CAD functions in discipline.
- Perform equipment takeoffs for calculation and estimating purposes.
- Participate in construction inspections and the documentation of conditions that require remediation.
What are the Qualifications and Requirements Needed to Succeed?
- An associate’s degree in a related field or significant related experience in the field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of specific on-the-job experience in telecommunications design within the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty
- May possess certification in the telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of telecommunications systems design.
- Ability to apply knowledge of telecommunications systems available, including equipment, control systems and associated architectural conditions.
- Formal training in AutoCAD preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Must be able to sit at computer station for several hours per day, and operate keyboard and mouse. Must be able to physically navigate various job sites including mechanical rooms, rooftops, commercial and institutional buildings. Must be able to walk substantial distances including climbing ladders and stairs.
Have the required skills and experience?
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 9 months ago