ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: |
- Answers incoming 911, TTY emergency, and non-emergency calls. Prioritizes calls and determines proper routing utilizing established guidelines and operating procedures. Assigns calls and report numbers. Dispatches animal control officers, police officers, firefighters, and ambulance services to calls for service. Confirms warrants for internal and external agencies.
- Monitors radio channels and dispatches appropriate public safety personnel. Ensures dispatch of officer requests for back-up or traffic-related assistance.
- Provides pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls and relays vital information to hospital emergency rooms when necessary.
- Maintains the accurate status of each officer on patrol, including times in and out of service and locations. Documents all traffic stops.
- Runs wanted and/or stolen checks through the NCIC/TCIC computer system for outstanding warrants or other information. Confirms and relays information to originating officers.
- Inputs and monitors burglary reports, protective orders, and missing person reports from applicable regional, state, and national databases.
- Sends teletypes, which includes entering, clearing, and validating computer entries.
- Completes supplemental reports as needed for the recovery of property. Forwards documentation to applicable internal departments.
- Obtains a variety of information for officers and/or applicable external agencies, which may include: driver’s license information, criminal histories, property information, and/or other related information. Confirms warrants for internal and external agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled in public/ employee relations and problem solving.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Ability to make decisions without direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizes work and sets priorities
- Ability to work with multiple interruptions while conducting multiple tasks
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check
- Fingerprint check will be conducted through the FBI; must not have a felony or major conviction
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment psychological screening and polygraph test
- Typing Speed of 35 wpm and data entry score of 3044kph
Texas Municipal League - 20 months ago
The city of Carrollton offers valuable information to assist you in understanding the development review process. Our goal is to facilitate...