Title Telecommunications Engineer Job # 15084BR Job Function Information Technology City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to join our Corporate Technology Business Planning team at our corporate headquarters located in Annapolis, MD. The Telecommunications Engineer will support our Corporate Technology Services (CTS) Division. The CTS Division provides creative, reliable solutions for ARINC's internal and external customers. They provide global services including design, engineering, installation, dispatching, repair, outsourcing, consulting, and project management for a diverse base of network, radio, and applications services supporting information technology systems and networks in industries including aviation, healthcare, surface transportation, and government.
The Telecommunications Engineer will:
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Support the Telecom Service Manager in various circuit management activities, including managing all technical escalations from Operations and Implementation personnel, comprehensive remote office telecom support, circuit provisioning and service order management.
- Research and investigate new telecommunications technologies.
- Deliver on-going vendor research and analysis.
- Provide several backup functions for other members of the organization, including wireless service provisioning, vendor price quote management, and corporate PBX phone system administration.
- Manage relationships and escalation with telecom vendors.
- Five (5) or more years of technical telecommunications experience (Layer 1 and 2 primarily).
- Telecom project management experience.
- Basic networking experience of routing and switching, SIP, and some basic familiarity with PBX and/or phone systems.
- Strong communication skills and analytical capabilities required.
- Background working/communicating with customers.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Basic network routing, switching and SIP knowledge.
- Candidate must possess broad technical telecommunications knowledge.
- Basic telecom solution architecture.
- Hands-on experience working with Remedy (or other) Inventory, ordering & tracking system.
- Vendor billing management.
- B.S. in Telecommunications, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires a M.S. or M.A. degree in a technical area or equivalent. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 4 months ago