– Butte, MT
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Engineer will assist the existing Telecommunications staff in the maintenance, growth, and improvement of the telecommunications system.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Project management including research, budgeting, purchase of equipment, creation of documentation sufficient for implementation, arrangement for necessary permits or licenses, tracking of expenses, assistance in turn up, ensuring completion of documentation, and providing ongoing technical support
- Technical support includes but not limited to Microwave, Fiber, Ethernet networks, Telephone, Satellite terminals, and Mobile Radio systems.
- Design of interface and circuit development for Electric and Gas SCADA, Protective Relaying, Ethernet networks, and telephones
- Participation in rotating after hours call out duty is required
- Travel and extended hours may be required
- Majority of job is performed in an office environment sitting with occasional lifting of materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Field visits may be required with exposure to all field hazards.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics required
- Must have a basic understanding of telecommunications systems including Ethernet networks, Digital Multiplex equipment and techniques, RF propagation, Microwave engineering, Fiber Optics, and Grounding
- Experience with GIS mapping is desired
- Must have a basic or advanced proficiency in PC applications including word processor, spread sheet, database, and computer aided drafting
- Must be able to operate a four wheel drive vehicle in all weather conditions
- Must have excellent communications skills to be able to communicate by phone and in written documents.
- Must have the ability to use Project Management tools, create/maintain software documentation and associated policies and procedures;
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER