HomeServe USA is a leader in supplying homeowners with worry-free warranty services that provide peace of mind. Our incredible growth rate is fueled by a dynamic team of individuals who value teamwork, collaboration and providing exceptional customer service while maintaining a work atmosphere that’s fun and friendly. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Spain. We’re strong, stable and growing.
The Telecommunications Manager’s responsibility is to design, plan, develop, and implement HomeServe USA’s telecommunications infrastructure. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing telephony systems and services.
This person will also be responsible for telecommunication, carrier and vendor relationships including billing review/approval. The Telecommunications Manager will oversee telecom staff along with management of a 3rd party telephony support vendor and will be a technical interface between IT and the business stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for the leadership, strategy and architecture of HomeServe USA’s telecommunications technology, process and polices to ensure they align with the business requirements, objectives and overall strategy.
- Develop long term telecommunication development plans in accordance with business strategy. Assessing need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for telecommunication systems and staff.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a telephony hardware and software refresh to upgrade to the current version of Cisco UCCE and associated services. Identify/recommend telephony infrastructure upgrades and improvements based upon industry best practices and the Cisco Lifecycle Services Approach.
- Responsible for design, configuration, and support of Call Center infrastructure distributed across multiple data centers specifically with Cisco Call Center technologies
- Work with key stakeholders /customers to establish service level agreements based on business requirements.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure telephony products and services. Including monthly reviews of all telephony spend.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and customer regarding telephony activities.
- To lead and motivate the team, setting objectives, conducting one to ones and performance reviews and providing suitable training and development opportunities
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation, including incident management duties.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- Cisco Certifications are strongly desired (CCIE, CCVP or equivalent work experience a must)
- 7 years’ experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM and CM), Cisco Unity and Unity Connection
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with Cisco network and VOIP products
- Must have project management experience with strong analytical skills
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in the management of a technical team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, as well as relay complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience, including senior leadership
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs for all telecommunication systems and services.
In return we offer:
- Certification in ITIL
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Experience of managing and configuring the CISCO Outbound Dialer and ongoing optimization.
- Ability to recommend and implement software updates in specialized product areas including Cisco UCCE, UCCX, IP IVR and associated connected systems.
- Experience with CUCM 7.1.5, UCCE, ICM 7.5.10 and greater, UCCX 7.5 and greater, CTIOS, Unity 7.5, Calabrio, WFM IEX, Voice Gateways, MGCP, H.323, SIP and UCS.
- Experience of Cisco Unity Voice Mail configuration, support and administration
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Relaxed business attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Free Parking
- Excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match