University of California Office of the President
University of California, Office of the President
Salary: $60,800 - $118,300
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20120561
Closing Date: 11/23/2012
The Telecommunications Manager provides strategic and technical direction and oversight for the voice services team at the UC Office of the President (UCOP). The Manager will supervise a team of analysts and engineers as well as temporary staff in a union environment supporting 1500 users. The manager plans, and coordinates all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of telecommunication services, to include phone, voicemail, mobile devices, video-conferencing, circuit provisioning, contact center and invoice review. Responsibilities also include identifying and implementing process improvements as well as contributing to and updating training materials. This individual will interact with executive management and will handle escalated technical issues. They will also be responsible for developing collaborative relationships with UCOP department leaders and staff, and for providing cost efficient, effective customer-focused services that meet the needs of UCOP employees, the President and the Office of The Regents.
The Office of the President will be initiating a project to replace an aging telephony infrastructure. The manager will provide oversight to the project that will replace the current PBX, voicemail and call center systems.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of telecommunications, information systems, or a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years experience with a PBX system, Avaya preferred. Minimum of 7 years experience providing enterprise level telephony support.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced high demand environment.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Previous (7-10 years) experience in all phases of telecommunications and voice solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications networks.--Avaya experience strongly preferred
- Excellent consultative and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and other technical staff
- Minimum of 7 years experience leading teams, managing people and managing projects
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit: http://jobs.ucop.edu/
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of California UCOP - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -