Supports the installations outside cable plant infrastructure to include new installations, troubleshooting, and repairing to ensure telecommunications are fully operational.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Maintain, install, de-install, move, remove, and test copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cable.
- Maintain, install, de-install, move, remove, repair, and test outside plant cable infrastructure, splice cases, telephone poles, pedestals, and manholes.
- Install equipment, racks, cable trays, conduit, and cable in communication closets.
- Install and execute all connections, terminations, and ducts from point of demarcation to the installation point for required services.
- Responds to service requests, troubleshoot, isolate, and repair voice and data problems.
- Inspect manholes (and pump water as needed), telephone poles, and pedestals to ensure structural integrity. Any issues will be reported to Site Manager.
- Maintain, repair, and replace all cable-related defects within manholes.
- Restores cable cuts as needed.
- Attends training sessions as required (DoD, Information Assurance, Security, Corporate).
- High school education or equivalent; there is no experience substitution for a High School Diploma; however a G.E.D., other degree equivalency program, or a technical trade school certificate is acceptable
- At least three years of telecommunications cabling experience (preferred)
- Effective communication skills (oral & written)
- General understanding telecommunications infrastructure
- BICSCI certification (preferred)
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 15 months ago