Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Program Manager to manage a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services Program at multiple locations in Northern Virginia . The Program Manager organizes, directs, and coordinates planning and production of all program support activities. The Program Manager is frequently required to meet with Customer management personnel, subordinate managers, subcontractors, and corporate engineering and network operations personnel. The Program Manager formulates and reviews strategic plans and deliverable items, determines contract costs and ensures conformance with standards. In addition, the Program Manager assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates, explaining policies, purposes and goals of the organization to them.
The Program Manager will be act as the senior on-site Leader with oversight of a managed telecommunications services operation supporting 3,000 total voice end-users and 100+ tenant customer organizations across multiple campuses in the Northern Virginia, Metropolitan DC area. The system to be managed is comprised of nine Avaya (Nortel) CS1000 PBX’s, an OC-12 SONET, and an extensive copper and fiber-optic OSP and ISP Cable Infrastructure. The Telecommunications Services Program Manager will report to the Corporate Program Manager in Amherst, Virginia.
The Program Manager candidate will have a strong understanding of Technology trends, program finance and business operations with focused sales mentality. This candidate will be responsible for achievement of mission-critical contractual milestones and program performance on an ongoing basis. The candidate must be able to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose technical and business solutions that are complex in nature. Responsibilities will include the development of and commitment to long range plans to achieve the Customer’s and the company’s financial growth and cost-containment goals.
The candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of sub contractors and team members on specific contracts in the United States and/or overseas. The candidate should possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will require strong technical background and technical writing skills and the ability to use MS Office including Excel, Word, Power point, and Project effectively.
The Program Manager will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion.
The Program Manager Candidate must be able to successfully lead and manage the human resources of the organization to include delivery of performance assessments, salary administration, effective employee relations, direction of work assignments, employee development, staffing of positions, support of diversity initiatives, and employee safety.
The Program Manager will be responsible for and participate in:
- Overseeing the management of the telecommunication systems, including sub-ordinate management, administrative and technical personnel.
- Oversight and management of staffing structure to ensure correct resource allocation and effective and efficient delivery of services in accordance with contract performance standards.
- Defining, refining, and implementing operating methods and procedures that will govern the day to day operations and maintenance of the telecommunication system networks, customer support, alarm priority and response times, external interactions, and related systems.
- Follow industry-best practices and project management methods in proper stewardship, operations, and maintenance of telecommunication equipment, hardware, assets, facilities, and software.
- Facilitate and drive continuous improvement in staff productivity, efficiency, and effective delivery of services.
- Keeping abreast of all technical advances in surveillance, provisioning, and troubleshooting of telecommunication systems and networks.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the current methods and procedures and revise them as necessary.
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to customers regarding technology utilization.
- Tracking and managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of all aspects of the Managed Telecommunications Services Program.
- Coordination of the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- In full collaboration with the customer, develops new business or expands the product line in supporting new customer acquisition activity. The ability to recognize potential for new customer acquisition within his/her prevue will be a key attribute.
- Overall responsibility for the proper delegation of staff resources to work assignment in technical, customer service, and administrative areas
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in project/program management to include relevant past experience managing Telecommunications Managed Operations and Maintenance services.
Years of Relevant Experience: 5
Bachelors Degree or higher. Major in Marketing, Business, or Engineering or a minimum of 10 years in an equivalent position .
Project Management certification, specifically PMP, ITIL, and/or ISO 9001:2000, certification training in Nortel and/or Avaya telecommunications PBX Voice Systems desired.
Program Management of a telecommunications services operation involving a minimum of 3,000 telephone handsets, 4 central PBX switches, providing services to over 100 tenants and organizations over multiple campuses. The candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of sub contractors and team members on specific contracts in the United States and/or overseas. The candidate should possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills. Experience working in an airport management environment is a plus.