Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Site Manager to support a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services operation in Northern Virginia . The Site Manager organizes, directs, and coordinates sub-ordinate administrative and technical staff in the delivery and management of voice and other telecommunications services to 50+ tenant customer organizations. The Site Manager reports to the on-site Program Manager. The Site Manager frequently meets with Customer management personnel, subordinate supervisors, technical and administrative staff, subcontractors, and corporate engineering and network operations personnel. The Site Manager assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates, and communicates policies, procedures, purposes and goals accordingly.
The Telecommunications Services Site Manager is responsible for:
CS-1000s at Release 7.0 Software and Optical Fiber PBX Remote Sites
Call Pilot and Centigram Voicemail
Lucent DDM-2000 SONET ADM (Add/Drop Multiplexor)
LEC/IXC Facilities and Capacity Planning
Fiber Optic Cable Maintenance
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Telecommunications System infrastructure and performance.
- On Site Maintenance Reviews to include Event Logs, Switch and Network Performance Statistics, and Configuration Settings
- Verification of On Site Maintenance to include review of Card Seating, Power System Levels, Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS), Cable Security, and work area cleanliness
- Reporting and Escalation to include Log and Report Maintenance Findings,
- Initiation of Remedial Maintenance Procedures
- Continually striving to improve efficiency of telecommunication services and related operations that translate into lower costs.
- Documenting and reviewing the allocation of contract staff to identify ways to improve staff allocation and performance
- Performance of required functions in a manner that is in the meets or exceeds contract performance standards
- Development of draft scopes of work (SOWs) and draft cost proposals for projects and work outside the scope of the contract
- Participating on projects and committees, as assigned, providing technical support and knowledge of existing systems and locations.
- Ensuring preventive maintenance is performed each month on all appropriate equipment and plant.
- Providing, planning, and installation of patches and upgrades to all systems and components in a
manner that does not invalidate manufacturer provided warranties and maintenance support.
- Coordinating access control responsibilities for physical access to communication closets containing managed and maintained equipment and systems. Managing and documenting administrator access to all Airports Authority telecommunication devices.
- Fulfillment of customer order and trouble response performance standards, and oversight to methods used regarding preventative maintenance, network/system alarms, and customer trouble reports.
- High-level engineering and design of copper voice and data wiring infrastructure and the optical fiber infrastructure
- Ensuring the technical staff is proficiently supporting the following systems:
Battery Plant Sizing (UPS)
BDFB (Battery Distribution Fuse Board) Sizing and Placement
Busy Hour Reserve Limits
- OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) Measurements
- Attenuation and Distance Planning
- Splice Engineering
- Route Diversity
- Fiber Terminations Splice Case Integrity
- Splice Diversity (Mechanical vs. Fusion)
- Power and Battery
- Support to Customer end-user training
- Contract Staff Training
- Test and turn up of circuits
- Records maintenance for as-built drawings, OSP/ISP (Outside Plant/Inside Plant), and network configurations
- Supply chain management in coordination with MTS Corporate Procurement for telecommunications equipment to ensure optimized inventory levels and availability of critical spares
- Identification and tracking of assets as required by this contract and Authority inventory policies
- Site Budgeting and Planning
- Defining, refining, recommending, and maintaining operational methods and procedures
- Tactical involvement in day to day telecommunications activities
- Maintain communication with telecommunications Customer Management
The Site Manager is responsible for the actual hands-on operation and maintenance of the Telecommunications System and support of the customer user community. This includes supervision and direct technical support to:
LEC/IXC Service Orders
Tier 1 LEC/IXC Troubleshooting
- Development of customer orders
- Engineering of orders (e.g. Customer orders, maintenance orders, end-of-life replacement orders)
- Installation and repair
- Help Desk third tier support
- Tenant customer billing, and work order management.
- Ensure the effective and timely responses to Service Requests including New Service Requests, Add/Move/Change Requests, Installation of Analog/Digital Handsets, Repairs/Replacements for defective equipment and Outside Copper and Fiber Cable Plant (OSP)
- Pulling of Cable through ductbank and conduits, Pull and Splice Cable at Building Entrance Facilities, and Pull Cable Intra-Building and Intra-Room, Labeling and Documentation
- Splicing, Termination and Cross Connects
Optical Fiber Distribution Panels (LIUs)
- Copper Distribution Frames o Inside Plant (ISP)
- Deployment and Maintenance of In-Building Wiring
- Termination and Jack Installation
- Labeling and Documentation
- Maintain “As-Built” documentation of the ACS for all work performed
- Customer relations
- Professional Interaction with Customers
- Perform Trouble Diagnoses
- C ommunicate Repair Expectations o Engage in Preventative Training
- Requirements Gathering
- Status Updates
- Coordination with other service providers in regard to:
The Site Manager will also inspect and evaluate performance of other contractors whose work impacts the Telecommunications Systems, and will provide a report to the Customer if such performance is problematic.
The Telecommunications Services Site Manager Candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members and subcontractors on specific contracts in the United States and/or overseas. The candidate should possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated management skills.
Years of relevant Experience: 5
Associates Degree or Higher or 8 total years of experience in a similar position.
Project Management certification and/or experience operating in an ITIL and/or ISO 9001:2000 environment is desired. Certification training in the installation, operation, administration, and/or maintenance of Nortel and/or Avaya telecommunications PBX Voice Systems and fiber-optic and copper cable systems are desired
Experience serving as a Site Manager over a telecommunications operations contract involving a minimum of 1,000 telephone handsets, multiple PBX or Central Office Voice Switches providing service to multiple agencies, departments, companies and/or tenant organizations is desired. Experience in an Airport Management environment is a plus.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 17 months ago