Department: AFPC DEO
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: AFPCDEO-783921-750239-YMH
SALARY RANGE: $52852 to $68702/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 to Tuesday, November 27, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0391-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Vandenberg AFB, CA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days from the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as/if additional vacancies occur during this period.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship is required
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Define, develop and provide technical advice on p r oposed com m unication designs ranging from rout i n e to co m p lex service supporting relocations, extensive upg r ades of existing s y ste m s and the installation of new telec o m m unication s y stems. A n al y ze projected requirements to dete r m ine data validity and accurac y .
- Def i ne appropriate telec o mm u nication needs by understanding the various kinds of transmission media available to meet site telec o mmunication require m ents. Dete r mine validity of cust o m er-gene r ated requirements and operational needs.
- Test and evaluate developed solutions meet communications requirements in accordance with industry standards and organizational policies and is supported logistically by the current operating capabilities and procedures. Review, m a k e technical judgments and prepare rec o mmendations to telecommunications ma nagers of any problems encountered. · Provide consultation and instruct i on to functional area users on poli c y and operation of telecom m unication s y stems. Provide hands-on training to wing c u stomers on software features/functionali t y of s y stems or devices.
- Perform repair, troubleshoo ti ng, and maintenance of o ver 30,000 voice and data circuits, including 85 electronic key t elephone s y stems and associa t ed hardware. Under little or m oderate super v ision, assist outside plant project task leader engineering t e chnicians in troubleshoo ti ng analog and d i gital circuits with m u ltiple tra n sporting medias such as fiber optic cable, channel banks, and c opper cable.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one year of specialized experience at the GS-07 or equivalent. Specialized experience is experience which may have been performed while evaluating, analyzing, developing, managing, or improving communications systems, procedures, and requirements that demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in communications concepts and technology.
EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a degree in electrical or electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, public utilities, statistics, computer science, telecommunications management, information systems management, business administration, industrial management, or other fields related to the position to be filled or LL.B. or J.D, if related.
Click on the following link to view the indiviudual occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to develop and apply policies, methods, procedures, and techniques in communications system design and installation.
2. Knowledge of operational and performance characteristics of telecommunications.
3. Knowledge of operational requirements and security policies and guidelines.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING: Your application will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and educations relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veterans Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3 , Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2 , Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1 , Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
For information on veterans preference click here .
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated a t 8 0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, November 27, 2012
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 783921 . Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education
- Veterans Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10 point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
DO NOT WRITE OR MAIL APPLICATION
SEE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER HOW TO APPLY TAB
Air Force Acquisition - 2 years ago