The role of a Network Administrator is to set up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks. Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates/maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
The candidate will work with technicians involved with proper maintenance and operation of telecommunications systems and equipment. Identifies network problems, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective action. Determines priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption. Provides technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services. Interacts with field engineers, core engineers, and transmission and RF staff regarding ongoing network activities. Ascertains compliance with security, safety, and environmental guidelines. Generates reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results, and routine maintenance of network elements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tier 1 & 2 network Administration
- All level 1 support
- Perform health checks of the network infrastructure to insure connectivity
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Maintain switches and routers to approved software and hardware revisions
- Work with vendors to complete hardware and software upgrades
- Review all engineering orders
- Maintain and document all network configurations
- Research issues and provide input on possible solutions
- Other duties as assigned Job Requirements
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience with multiple network management tools such as Proviso, Netcool Suite, HP Network Automation (Opsware), CiscoWorks, Panavue, NetID, Teraterm, Putty, and other network tools.
- Experience with Cisco Optical Network System (ONS)
NJVC, LLC - 17 months ago
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...