Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other Avaya discipline AND 8+ years of experience in Avaya
- Associate's degree or technical diploma/degree in Information Technology AND 12+ years of experience in Avaya
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- 16+ years of Enterprise level IT experience in administration, support and/or oversight capacity in Telecommunications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 10+ years hands-on experience in Telecommunication supporting Avaya PBX's, voicemail and VoIP
- 4+ years in Telecommunication Architecture
- Thorough understanding of cable specifications and demonstrated ability to produce requirement documents for projects
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with cable infrastructure and standards
- Creative Thinker
URS is currently seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to be located in Ft. Mill, SC.
The Telecommunication Specialist V is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the enterprise telecommunication infrastructure which includes but is not limited to: Telephone Systems; Voicemail; VoIP; IP telephony; Mobile devices; Video Conferencing; Conference Bridge; Survivable PBX. Day to day operations include but are not limited to: Land line procurement; Sizing; Installation and delivery schedule and cabling. As a member of the URS Telecommunication department, the Telecommunications Specialist V is expected to take total ownership of Telephony infrastructure participating in the full life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment, documentation and maintenance.
- Work with lead telecommunication architect.
- Participation in an on-call rotation.
- Write Telecommunication RFPs for competitive bidding.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to diverse customer requirements.
- Adhere to best practices including maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Documenting all telephony changes.
- Work collaboratively with others both internal and external to IT.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and efficiently manage IT resources.
- Working with ticket queue to track tasks and projects.
- Utilize organization skills to produce quality work within required specifications and within scheduled timelines.
- Act as the lead IT contact for Video Conference solutions to determine cabling and wiring needs and costs.
- Installs programs and maintains enterprise Avaya PBX, telephones and voice mail system. This includes coordinating and/or performing the installation, maintenance and repairs of telephone related equipment and cabling. This includes VoIP.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots voice network systems for the purpose of ensuring the availability of hardware and/or software applications as needed.
- Assists users with voice hardware and/or software applications (e.g. proper voice equipment usage, troubleshooting, etc.) for the purpose of providing immediate problem resolution and/or referring as appropriate for resolution.
- Responds to telephone and written requests for assistance regarding telecommunications services for the purpose of resolving problem situation and/or determining appropriate action/s for resolution.
- Monitors voice network (e.g. executing program updates, repairing hardware and software for voice network systems, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the telecommunications network is in proper working order and meets the organizations needs.
- Researches hardware and software applications and processes related to telecommunications for the purpose of recommending standardized equipment and applications in accordance with the company's goals.
- Coordinates with internal staff as well as outside contractors to ensure timely completion of projects/work orders.
- Assists in planning, designing, developing and implementing voice network systems as directed for the purpose of ensuring new systems/equipment adapt with VOIP and existing systems.
- Acts as mentor to less senior staff.
- Work under limited supervision
- Travel as required (
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...