VT Milcom/Integrated Solutions is seeking a Telecommunications Technician in the Birmingham, AL area. Integrated Solutions/VT Milcom, a business unit of VT Group, provides turnkey engineering design and technical services for advanced electronics and communications systems worldwide.
Core competencies include end-to-end project management; integrated systems design and installations; electronic equipment installation; communications systems installations; ISP/OSP network design, construction, and installation; structured cable installation; lifecycle support; and precisions metal and composite fabrication.
VT Milcom is the largest C4ISR Alteration Installation Team (AIT) contractor for the U.S. Navy, and is recognized as a superior implementer of C4ISR systems on a wide range of platforms, to include electronic physical security systems.
We have an opportunity for a Telecommunications Technician to help us expand the installation of Nurse Call Systems at the University of Alabama (UAB) in Birmingham along with establishing a commercial spearhead in Alabama.
In this position, the Technician will be responsible for:
- Installing equipment according to layout plans and connects units with inside and outside service wires.
- Maintains equipment and analyzes operational malfunctioning with testing devices such as oscilloscopes, generators, meters, and electric bridges, to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made.
- Examines mechanism and disassembles components to replace, clean, adjust or repair parts, wires, switches, relays, circuits, or signaling units.
- Operates and tests equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction
- May supervise non-supervisory employees. May provide on the job training to entry level positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School plus four years of related experience and/or training; or AS in related field
Valid driver's license
Ability to travel
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Jordan Company (TJC) takes the long view. Along with its affiliates, the investment firm is a long-term investor that works with...