The Information Services Unit (ISU)/School of Medicine Dean’s Office
The Telemedicine/Video Conferencing ecosystem at UCSF is new, state of the art and complex – it interacts with all of UCSF’s schools, the Med Ctr, UCSF Campus systems, SFGH, the SF Department of Public Health (DPH), the SF Department of Technical Information Systems (DTIS) and the California Telehealth Network. Such a system needs constant work to maintain proper promotion to production systems and process, upgrading, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance. As a new system we expect a very steady growth curve as this new technology becomes pervasive.
The Video operations role incorporates a system admin role for the following systems: Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), Multi-Point Control Units (MCU), Video Communication Servers (VCS), Telecommunication Servers (TCS), ISDN Gateway, and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
The Telemedicine Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining the promotion to production systems which reflect the UCSF production environment. This allows for testing new software/hardware combinations, replication of production situations and for production issue troubleshooting.
The Telemedicine Engineer will need to build strong working relationships with Educational Technology Services, ITS, Computing and Network Services, Med Ctr IT, DTIS, the Sheriff’s Department and the SF DPH.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
• Two years working in a multi-site environment
• One year working as a system administrator
• One year experience supporting Tandberg, Cisco, Polycom or Lifesize video end-points
• Responsible, conscientious, with good communications skills
• Knowledge of firewalls, routing and networks
• Knowledge of standards-based video systems (H.323, SIP)
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Cisco network or video certification
• Experience with network storage
• Experience with ISDN gateways
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• Knowledge of desktop software installation procedures
• Knowledge of PHI and HIPAA procedures
• Experience with streaming video
University of California San Francisco - 23 months ago