This position assumes responsibility for the organization of 3 West (Telemetry). Performs multiple clerical and receptionist duties. Monitors the cardiac rhythm of the telemetry patients including applying monitoring equipment, analyzing rhythm strips and reporting arrhythmias, when assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) for the position.
• Post High School Medical Secretary education or previous unit secretarial experience, or equivalent experience. • Successful completion of arrhythmia course, as provided by the Uniontown Hospital. Following training individuals will be required to pass on exam. If you fail, you will receive focused education/training in the area of weakness and receive one final opportunity to pass the exam.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Current medical terminology.
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of windows applications.
• Ability to maintain/update the computer competencies as required for the position.