Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is hiring a Part-Time Telephone Operator to help support the MAGEE-IT Services Department for its Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Oakland location.Candidates will serve as the main point of contact with the public and with all hospital departments in routine as well as emergency situations. Applicants must be open to all shifts.
- Determine callers requirements (extension desired, information requested, etc.) and transfer call.
- Process appropriate emergency code or STAT page.
- Use required phrasing at all times when answering telephone calls.
- Provide status report on any page in progress to the individual requesting the page.
- Provide Physician on call information to requesting individuals.
- Provide dialing instructions to patients when requested. Answer multiple lines while maintaining good customer service.
- Provide service to multiple answering service clients utilizing individualized protocols.
- May be required to do system data entry on request.
- May train new operators.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience answering and processing calls through automated phone system or 1 year of customer service experience.
- Must be able to work all shifts, 7 days a week.
- Ability to interpret procedure manuals (i.e., fire, trouble, disaster, etc.).
Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 8 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...