NORC at the University of Chicago seeks full-time, part-time (30 hours per week) and intermittent (16-24 hours per week) Telephone Supervisors for the Production Center in downtown Chicago, IL.
- Under the direction of an Assistant Production Manager, the Telephone Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of Telephone Interviewers
- Incumbent will be handling daily production activities including identifying, troubleshooting, and solving production problems
- Generating required reports; monitoring, encouraging and motivating interviewers
- Handling administrative issues such as attendance, schedule changes, and performance problems
- Other responsibilities include evaluating staffing needs, executing start-up and close-down procedures for production systems and building security, and tracking production completes against project budget
- Evening and weekend hours required
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree in Social Science is preferred
- Experience with telephone data collection is preferred
- Knowledge of principles and process of survey research, sample management, survey systems (e.g., Confirmit, Voxco, MR Dimensions)
- Strong interpersonal communication and team building skills required
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.