Std Hrs: .5 FTE/20hours/week
Shift Length: 4 hours and 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: yes
As a part of the Children's Physician Network the CPN Triage Department provides phone support for PHO affiliate members and for department/clinics of Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. The services profiled are designed to provide assistance to families in managing illnesses of their children, and accessing appropriate after hours care 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is staffed by experienced nurses.
This position is responsible for triaging incoming calls from clients, assessing needs, giving appropriate clinical options and facilitating referral to primary providers, health care facilities and community resources. The nurse will also educate the caller when appropriate regarding immediate care, advice and preventative behaviors.
- Current Minnesota RN license
- Minimum 2 years of recent nursing experience
- Experience in an emergency or ambulatory care setting a plus
- A background in telephone triage is ideal, though not required
- Outstanding communication skills & ability to convey compassion over the phone
- Proficient computer skills are essential
The following lists only the physical demands that have been identified as frequent or continuous for this position. A more detailed list is available upon request.
- Repetitive Movement - hands/wrists
- Simple Grasping - both hands
- Fine Manipulating - Both Hands
- Keyboarding - both hands
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Children's also participates in E-Verify.