Responsible for providing a high quality of customer service, cross-selling bank services, balancing daily transactions and verifying cash totals; serve as teller line team lead and assist Branch Manager, as needed in various functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Consistently achieves weekly referral and sales goals as outlined in the Consumer Bank Playbook. Coach teller team to achieve these goals as well.
• Process various banking transactions setting an excellent example for other employees by adhering to all policies, procedures and regulations such as established check cashing and approval guidelines/standards; ensure that standards are met by all tellers.
• Comprehend, adhere to, and enforce all security and compliance procedures for protection of cash, including consistent use of dual control; ensure that customer confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Ensures accurate balancing and reconciliation by tellers and assist as needed; fairly and consistently apply overage/shortage policy and ensure teller cash and vault audits are performed satisfactorily; maintain proper records and prepare necessary reports. Ensure performance standards of tellers are met.
• Appropriately delegate teller duties and tasks; effectively schedule teller line; communicate information on a timely basis ensuring comprehension; train tellers on procedures and processes.
• Provide input to Branch Manager about staffing and performance issues.
• Provides prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, greeting all customers by name in a pleasant and courteous manner; ensures the teller line consistently displays excellent customer service.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Must successfully complete Teller training course and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or higher
• Previous cash handling and a minimum 2 years Teller experience required
• High attention to detail a must
• Must be computer literate and a working knowledge of MS Office preferred
• Demonstrated sound judgment in decisions regarding transaction approvals and customer problem resolution
• Ability to display positive and cooperative attitude with customers at all times
• Successful record of recognizing opportunities and cross-selling products and services to existing customers and prospects preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are performed in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
• Primarily a Consumer Banking atmosphere located inside a building.
Capital Bank - 18 months ago
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...