Provides excellent customer service to all customers, displaying core values and performs a variety of customer service functions and banking transactions as well as, cross-sells bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, greeting all customers by name in a pleasant and courteous manner; displays the “smile standard”; ensures that teller line consistently displays excellent customer service
• Refers and cross sells to existing and new customers
• Processes various banking transactions setting an excellent example for the teller line by adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and regulations such as, established check cashing and approval guidelines/standards; ensures that standards are met by all tellers
• Comprehends, adheres to, and enforces all security and compliance procedures for protection of cash, including consistent use of dual control; ensures that customer confidentiality is maintained at all times by teller line
• Ensures accurate balancing and achieves reconciliation requirements by assisting tellers with problems as needed; fairly and consistently applies banks overage/shortage policy and ensures teller cash and vault audits are performed satisfactorily, maintaining proper records and preparing necessary reports
• Ensures that performance standards of tellers are met or exceeded; interviews for open teller positions; uses effective coaching and counseling, identifying and proactively dealing with issues/problems; conducts performance appraisals along with management
• Supervises all tellers on a daily basis; appropriately delegates duties and tasks; effectively schedules teller line; communicates information on a timely basis ensuring comprehension; trains tellers on procedures and processes; ensures appearance standards are met and work areas are maintained per Bank policy; enforces Attendance Policy in a fair and consistent manner
Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning hiring, staffing, training, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations. Provides leadership by example at all times, through support and endorsement of bank policy.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Previous cash handling and a minimum 2 years Teller experience required
• High attention to detail a must
• Must be computer literate and a working knowledge of MS Office preferred
• Demonstrated sound judgment in decisions regarding transaction approvals and customer problem resolution
• Ability to display positive and cooperative attitude with customers at all times
• Successful record of recognizing opportunities and cross-selling products and services to existing customers and prospects preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, speak and sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Primarily a Consumer Banking atmosphere located inside a building
Capital Bank - 13 months ago
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...