Provides excellent customer service to all customers, displaying core values and performs a variety of customer service functions and banking transactions as well as, cross-sells bank products and services. 30-34 hours per week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, greeting all customers by name in a pleasant and courteous manner; displays “smile standard”
- Processes various banking transactions (for ex: savings and checking account deposits/withdrawals, check cashing, loan transactions, etc.) and adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and regulations such as, established check cashing and approval guidelines/standards
- Refers and cross sells to existing and new customers
- Comprehends and adheres to all security and compliance procedures for protection of cash, including consistent use of dual control; maintains customer confidentiality at all times
- Balances and reconciles accurately all cash transactions on a daily basis, with minimal, if any, cash overages or shortages; immediately reports discrepancies to supervisor
- Maintains and implements up-to-date knowledge of job-related policies, procedures and processes; consistently follows and applies all banking regulations and Company policies and procedures
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must successfully complete Teller training course and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Previous cash handling or Teller experience required
- High attention to detail a must
- Must be computer literate and a working knowledge of MS Office preferred
- Demonstrated sound judgment in decisions regarding transaction approvals and customer problem resolution
- Ability to display positive and cooperative attitude with customers at all times
- Successful record of recognizing opportunities and cross-selling products and services to existing customers and prospects preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Primarily a Consumer Banking atmosphere located inside a building
Capital Bank - 19 months ago
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...