Processes Customer transactions face-to-face for a variety of routine financial transactions including but not limited to check cashing, withdrawals, and deposits. Balance cash drawers and assist Customers with basic product information. Assists in exceeding service goals by minimizing Customer wait times and accurately and efficiently processing Customer transactions. Performs all basic teller transactions. Exemplifies the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service philosophy.
- Maintain an 80% AMAZING! Customer service performance and reinforce feedback gained from Mystery Shops and Customer comments .
- Processes Customer transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with Metro policies and procedures.
- Follows all security and audit measures to minimize potential loss.
- Responsible and accountable for cash drawers and vaults including maintaining appropriate cash limits and securing cash at all times.
- Knows when to consult managers and when to “Bump It Up”.
- Educates and engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about bank products and services.
- Trains and acts as a mentor to new tellers.
- Recognizes and refers business leads to the appropriate department or Metro Bank Representative.
- Responsible for ATM and Magic Money Machine Settlement.
- Processes cash advances and prints logs for cashier checks. Accounts for negotiable items.
- Establishes and solidifies Customer relationships by providing outstanding Customer service based on the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy, Mystery Shop criteria, and Retailtainment.
- Performs operational overrides as necessary.
- Works as a contributing member of a team both in the branch and within the region.
- Expects to service both lobby and drive-thru Customers.
- Changes and maintains the Magic Money Machine on an as needed basis.
- Expected to keep a neat and clean work environment in compliance with the facilities guide.
- Take responsibility for career development and continued education to learn new aspects of the job.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior cash handling or retail/sales experience.
- General Math skills.
- Ability to provide one-on-one instruction.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to be concise, clear, and consistent.
- Must have Metro Bank "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy.
- Flexible with work hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Metro Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
- Primarily work in assigned Retail Store. Occasional travel required for Classroom Training, On-the-Job Training, and Service Learning projects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is routinely required to stand for up to 8 hours at a time, kneel, reach, bend and crouch. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Employee is also required to use hands to handle money. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.