Non-Exempt Salary Grade 4
Performs a wide variety of customer service operations and general clerical duties, including transactions for checking, savings, loans, and other assigned services. Builds positive customer relations as bank’s main point of customer contact; maintains working knowledge of established policies and operating procedures. Makes customer referrals in defined areas.
50% Teller Duties:
50% Customer Service:
- Executes an extensive variety of customer transactions in accordance with Bank policy and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of all products offered by the bank and corresponding policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of all banking regulations.
- Handles large amounts of cash in an organized, timely and accurate fashion. Balances own cash drawer daily within the prescribed balancing guidelines.
- Acts as significant deterrent of robbery and fraud loss to Bank by following procedures and regulations and knowing the customer.
- Assists in daily office work to ensure proper balancing of branch and timely delivery of work to appropriate departments. May assist with branch capture of teller work and cash letter reports as needed.
- Provides back up and support to teller supervisor tasks as needed.
- Available to work Saturday hours as required.
- Handles routine customer issues while executing excellent customer service principles. Identifies appropriate area to refer more complex issues and/or problems.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills at all times to promote positive image for bank through face to face communication and telephone etiquette.
- Cross-sells and refers non-traditional bank products e.g. insurance & investments to meet established goals.
To advance from the introductory stage of the Teller I level a teller must:
- Score minimum of 80% on Teller I Skills Assessment
- Meet Balancing Requirements
- Receive satisfactory 90-day manager performance review
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge:
- Prior teller experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
Berkshire Bank - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Berkshire Hills Bancorp is the holding company for Berkshire Bank, which serves individuals and small businesses through some 60 branches in...